The past week has been an eye-opener for me in many ways. Here is a short list of the things I’ve learned:
1) I’m no longer afraid of using escalators
2) I have a new meaning of “Stand on the right, walk on the left”
3) Living in the nation’s capitol and seeing national monuments will not grow old for a while
4) Drivers actually DO stop for pedestrians….well, most of the time
5) Even the most beloved people can die young
6) My feet will have permanent flip-flop scars
7) “Of course it is humid in DC.. it is built on a swamp, you know!?!” (Why did I decide to move from one swamp to another?)
8) I miss the comfort of knowing people and being deeply known.
9) The only place to get sweet tea is at McDonalds. Yes, you heard me correctly – Mickey D’s
10) Metro = Cattle-car between the 8:00 – 8:45am and 5-7 pm
More to come later. I’m having a blast and learning a lot.