“You are the most complicated woman of the city” – Joy Williams
Yes, yes I am. I’d be happy to walk through all of the reason why I haven’t been more active on the blog in, oh, the last year. However, if I did, it would all sound like excuses and may even fall flat. I’m terribly sorry, that I’ve been silent, but there have been a few things going on.
What could possibly take me away from letting my thoughts be seen on the blog? That’s the million dollar question. Well, in the past year, here are a few things that have happened:
- Got engaged to the most incredible man – ever
- Started a new job that I really like, allowing me to learn two industries instead of one main subject
- Watched my best friend start her life with her life partner
- Watched my brother start his new life with his mate
- Tried desparately to find balance in life as things were chaotic
- Made a commitment to get #Rippedby30 and put my health as a top priority with MyBootcamp
- Finally was able to travel to Napa and make some incredible memories…I’ve been waiting for that one for a few years.
- Showed my mother around one of my favorite cities, which was also a dream of hers
- Was wholeheartedly surprised by my dad and step-mom when they flew in to celebrate the big 3-0
- Traveled to so many incredible places for work (my bag is constantly packed these days)
- And the list goes on…
But I think the biggest reason I’ve been so silent is because I haven’t felt that I’ve had much to say. For work, I seem to be talking a lot about other issues that are important to my livelihood, but not necessarily those that are at the center of my heart.
And the lesson of the past year is that sometimes, when you have nothing to say, you should sit quietly and take it all in… let your surroundings inspire you as you learn to find your voice again.
I’m slowing coming back to my voice, and I look forward to sharing it all with you on here.